Monday, 10 September 2012

Not something I read

Though I've not stopped reading, if I do I die. That's what the man in a green trench coat told me when I was 8. Or was that LaForge on Reading Rainbow. Seems about right.

So last night, my improv class(and by my improv class, i mean one i'm a student in, not the teacher) went to watch a Second City production called: We’ve Totally (Probably) Got This. 

O ze dark humor, how I loves it. This show is a classic blend of witty commentary on today's political climate, some great physical scenes and finally all out improv at the end which had this manly man crying with laughter.

I wish I had taken notes but this is what comes to mind, and I won't go into full disclosure as I want everyone to go out and support ze arts.Also in no order whatsover

Straight up funny scenes:

The Lawyers on TV sketch - quick shorts but soo funny. Their Connery accents at the end though atrocious made me hiccup giggle.

Valentines day card in school - the emotional conquest that occurred there, the anguish, the uncertainty, oooo so good

Lunch on a bench - I think that scene holds a special place in my heart as I've dreamed of doing that over and over...and over.

Fallen Soldier - Going above and beyond for a fallen comrade. Isn't that what wars really about?


--

So, in conclusion I rock. Oh and the shows pretty good too.

Be a MAN. Or WOMAN. Go see the show.


The Second City Theatre - 51 Mercer St., Toronto
Box Office: 416-343-0011




No comments:

Post a Comment