Title: The Clockwork Vampire Chronicles ( It's above and here's a handy dandy link)
Author: Andy Remic
Publisher: Angry Robot
my word on it:
Here I was, downtown Toronto, in my happiest of places, the Worlds Biggest Bookstore, located on Edwin between Bay and Yonge(if this means nothing to you...google will help). I did my usual perusal and found something interesting, What you ask?, breathing heavily. First of all stop that..it's creepy.
I picked up the first of the series: Kells Legend. A homage to Gemmell's Druss, admitted freely by Remic in the afterword. What we have here is something that's familiar to most of us Fantasy nerds, the start of an adventure. The main characters are quickly explored. A normal uni girl with a cantankerous grandpa that her mom doesn't approve of for unknown reasons but he treats her like gold. Soon events come up that turn her world around and she sets off on a mad dash adventure full of action, horror and some fun.
WARNING WARNING.
I won't be telling you the story. You can read the back like everyone else or read it yourself. I'm telling you if I liked it or not.
So I swallowed the content in a few hours, it's extremely easy to read, there's not unnecessary imagery used, it's fast paced and action oriented. This swallowing happens when I enjoy a book.
Thus my next purchase: Soul Stealers, followed quickly by Vampire Warlords.
(Hopefully the titles inform you a bit about some of the content, yes vamps!! No glittery shit here though.)
I was content reading this. It did not have the same majesty of the aforementioned Druss but Gemmell is special.
Remic is on his way to being just as special. I just hope he makes his characters a bit more real and complete.
Final SAY: Buy. It's fun and a quick read.
No comments:
Post a Comment